THIN’s Additional Information Services (AIS)
THIN’s AIS department helps researchers obtain anonymised hard copy information for approved medical studies.
AIS liaise with THIN members on behalf of researchers in order to obtain anonymised documents which add valuable information to ethically approved studies.
This information can be in the form of:
- anonymised GP or carer questionnaires
- copies of patient related correspondence or other documents
- anonymous patient questions
- death certificates
- other types of external medical data that can’t be recorded into Vision
- pop up screens for GPs to complete whilst having a consultation with a GP
- copies of Blood and DNA results
- distribution of medical devises for data collection such as blood pressure monitors
All documentation is guaranteed to be anonymised before the information is supplied to the researcher.
Any THIN member wishing to be involved in AIS studies benefit from receiving a minimum payment of £30 per patient included in the research.
The THIN Advisory Group (TAG)
A committee of eminent primary care medical researchers and data providers has been formed to help develop and promote the THIN database and guide THIN in all aspects of its work.
The committee advises THIN on issues ranging from support of data contributors to the validation and use of the THIN database.
Want to know more?
- For information and benefits of joining THIN, click here
- For a full list of frequently ask questions, click here
- To find out more about us, our researchers, data collection and ethics, click here
Get in touch
To get in touch with one of the THIN team or to join, please complete and submit the form below.