Identify patients at risk of unplanned admissions to hospital quickly. Add patients to your care register directly, no need to manually find patients from a list. Produce and manage personalised care plans.
Take the strain out of the unplanned admissions DES with Vision. Designed to save time and make it as easy as possible for you to deliver the DES, whether you're building your initial list of at risk patients and adding them to your care register, managing their day-to-day care with personalised care plans or reporting on your progress with the DES.
- Identify vulnerable older people, high risk patients, patients needing end of life care and patients who are at risk of unplanned admission to hospital
- Add identified patients directly into your care register, no need to waste time manually finding each of them in your clinical system from a list of hundreds of patients provided by a third party risk stratification service provider
- Produce personalised care plans for each patient on the register
- Share information with your CCG to feed into service redesign and commissioning decisions
Vision Risk Stratification and Register Manager
Vision offers two ways of identifying your at risk patients:
- The preferred solution for the majority of GP practices uses the QAdmissions® risk stratification tool to calculate the QAdmissions® risk for patients. This provides an accurate evidence-based method of identifying the two percent of your adult patients that are most at risk of unplanned hospital admissions or A&E attendances for inclusion within your care register.
- A simple tool is also available that could offer some practices a basic way to identify patients that might be more at risk of unplanned hospital admissions. This solution requires considerably more manual input and is much more time consuming than the QAdmissions® solution.
Both options allow practices to add patients to their care register directly from the list of at risk patients. This offers practices a huge advantage over using a third party risk stratification service as no data extractions are required, sensitive patient data does not need to leave your practice and you can create your care register directly from the list of identified patients, rather than having to manually find each of them within your clinical system from a list of hundreds of patients provided by a risk stratification service provider.
Personalised Care Manager
Both solutions include a personalised care plan register, which lists identified patients who are not yet on the register, as well as displaying the register-included patients. This is based on a dynamic template, backed up by relevant patient alerts and practice reports that enable personalised care plans to remain up-to-date and relevant.
Easy deployment and reporting across CCG areas
This exciting new Vision solution can easily be deployed to all practices within a CCG area, whether they use Vision, SystmOne or EMIS systems.
CCGs can use interactive statistical analysis tools to report on aggregated data relating to the Unplanned Admissions DES, providing evidence based data to feed into service redesign and commissioning.